Tuesday 20 August 2013

Analysis of radio advertisements

Due to me choosing the idea of advertising events, or an events planner, I have found no radio advertisements in that kind of area. This does not mean I still cannot find out the conventions of radio advertisements and how to create a successful radio advert. I am going to analyse various radio adverts so that I can see how radio adverts work and how the advert target their viewers. I am going to try and be critical to ensure I am only influenced by the successful parts of the adverts.

The first advert I am looking at is Dogs Trust -

I am not focusing on the video, just the sound throughout the advert. Initially, the advert begins with diagetic sound of people talking, calling different dogs names. Additionally, non diagetic sound begins at the same time which is upbeat and joyful. This already sets a up lifting tone in the advert, the audience will immediatly be engaged into the advert, sub conciously wanting to hear more. The man's voice in the advert is very friendly, which makes the advert seem welcoming. The man uses emotive language such as: "find your best friend here", infering to the audience that the audience will find a perfect dog for them. Additionally, "from young breeds.. to young puppies" illustartes the variety of selection the organisation has to offer and therefore will be appealing to the audience. I think this advert is engaging and will attract it's target audience. The friendliness in the tone of the woman and man speaking lurs in the auidience.




No comments:

Post a Comment