Tuesday 20 August 2013

Tesco Radio Advert

The second radio advert I am looking at is of Tesco. I have decided to look at this because Tesco is more of a service, which sells thousands of products. Tesco adverts are deemed as reasonably successful and I want to find out how and why the company achieve this.

The diagetic sound of a male talking cuts straight in at 0.1 seconds. The sound of the male's voice is friendly which is significant because the target audience will feel invited into the advert. In the first sentence the words "price drop" is used, already inferring to the audience that Tesco has a sale, inviting the customers' in. The on going list, spoken very fast, creates humor in the advert, likely to make the target audience remember the advertisement as data has stated that humorous adverts are the most memorable. Moreover, diagetic sound of a woman is cut in half way through the on going long list of products. The female speaker then explains the price drop and says Tesco's motto: "every little helps" which again, reinforces the brand name and slogan, making it easier for the audience to remember the advert.

I think this 30 second advert has been successful. This is because the two speakers seem very inviting and the humor in the advert sub consciously makes the audience listen and take in more of the information. This advert has influenced me as the advert was very persuasive and inviting and I think it would be a good idea if I looked at more Tesco radio adverts to see if I can use or even challenge some of the conventions. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment