Tuesday 25 June 2013

Music Video

Another brief which I could choose is the music video. I think doing a music video would be very fun and interesting. However, I am not aware of the process of making a music video therefore I do not want to jump into any conclusions as I may find it extremely difficult to create. Because of this, I am going to look at different music videos and past A2 media coursework music videos to decide whether I would like to do one or not.

Below is a video of 'Green Day - American Idiot', which is a performance based music video. Arguably, performance based music videos are viewed to be the easiest because it is only one location. However, it is hard to keep an audience engaged when their is only one location which means the camera/editing/mise-en-scene and sound must be outstanding in order for the audience to be fully engaged. Therefore, it would actually be very challenging to do and because I would have less advanced technology, props and sound I may find it difficult to be successful.


However, their are other styles to music videos. Such as, narrative based music videos. I think a narrative based music video would be interesting to create as you can create a story or a message. I have looked at the music video 'Christina Aguiliera - Beautiful', which is in a way, a story but more of a message. It displays many different people and their problems, however, in the end of the video their is hope for all of the various people. Therefore, the director has gone for the more traditional way to tell a story.

Below is a music video produced by an A2 student. This music video tells a story which I found really interesting. 

 

Moreover, not all music videos have meanings and in some cases they can be completely random. Therefore, creating a music video, likewise to a short film, opens a lot of various opportunity's to show my creativity and ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment