Tuesday 25 June 2013

Short Film

Creating a short film is one of my options. The film is supposed to last around 5 minutes long and can be anything from a documentary to a story. Therefore, creating a short film is quite open to creativity. 

I have researched breifly into diverse short films - ones that I found interesting to see if I would enjoy actually creating one.


This is one of the short films I looked at to gain an insight into what a short film is. 




I really enjoyed watching this short film. It was a narrative film, a boy that did not speak but his mind did. The camera work was interesting, numerous long shorts to convey his lonliness which was the purpose of the short film. The voice over (all throughout the film) was very engaging to hear, as you watch what the boy does.


To continue my research into short films; I have decided to look at past A2 media examples of short films. This will give me a realistic idea of what props I could have and how advanced the camera is compared to the first short film I watched.





This is the second short film I watched, a film that was produced by an A2 media student. It is quite evident from watching the film that the quality is much poorer than the first one I saw and the story line was less engaging. Therefore, if I was to make a short film I would have to consider these type of problems. 


Overall, I like the idea of creating a short film. However, I personally would struggle to keep an audience interested which would be hard. Although this would be a challenge to me, I would like to keep my options.

No comments:

Post a Comment