Monday 15 July 2013

Advert (3)

The third advert I am analysisng is an event planning and catering company. The two previous adverts I have looked at do not display any images of the event and services they provide.

The language used in the very beginning "Beyond Perfection Event Planning & Catering Service" - immedietly, the audience is engaged as the noun 'perfection'. The initial image we see is a woman, then a woman's engagement ring. This tells me that this company is targeting woman rather than men, the advert fades into different venues, showing the amount of choice this company provides. The amount of decoration shown is important as it displays to the audience the company offers' a variety of designs to fit the customers needs. The advert uses mostly close ups and wide shots to show the different venues and decoration. The slow paced editing helps the audience follow the images. The significance of slow paced editing is that the advert gives the audience enough time to view the different styles. The non diagetic sound is a man singing, creating a soothing tone and linking into the slow paced editing. The advert does not display any live action which I think prevents the advert from being fully successful as the audience cannot see the events live therefore the presentation of the events may be successful, but the quality and quantity of the decorations may not be up to high standards. Additionally, it is evident this company has done various events, but I think it is important to show more than one image of an event, at a different angle to show more than one perspective. The lighting is always high key which is significant as it ensures the audience can visibly and clearly see the events. 


Overall, analysing this advert has helped me gained a wider understanding on the different types of events and the standard of decorations. In comparison to the previous adverts I analysed, I think this advert was more successful as it actually displayed what the company can do. However, from analysing this I can evidently see that the advert would be better with live action, this helps me think about what I want and what I would like to avoid when it comes to planning my advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment