Monday 22 July 2013

Current research

I am currently in the research stage. So far, I have analysed 5 adverts, the pros and cons about advertising and what is aloud to be shown on TV. Before  planning, I have to ensure all of my research is done, up to a high standard so that I have a broad understanding of advertising in general, as well as the chosen area of advertising I am going into.

The five adverts I have analysed I do not think have been successful. All of the adverts display no live footage of real events, which I think prevents the advert from being engaging. Some adverts display no images therefore the audience cannot actually view what the company can do. The adverts that do show images, are still not engaging. I therefore will most likely be chalenging the conventions of event advertising. I want to ensure my target audience is fully engaged, at all times. I still want to look into events adverts, to see if I can find any adverts that might influence me. If not, I might look into another area of events such as sporting events, as they might be more engaging.

So far I have learned about advertising in general and how powerful it is. I think it was really beneficial for me to broaden my understanding about advertising because now when it comes to planning I know what I can do to make my advert effective. 

Therefore, I feel that I am on track with my research but I still hope to have a wider understanding before starting my planning.


No comments:

Post a Comment