Thursday 4 July 2013

Chosen idea

After brainstorming and thinking about what idea I should take forward, I have decided that the events category interests me the most. Therefore, I have decided to base my advert on an events planning company. However, I think it is important that I look into different types of events, different styles and different ideas. I want to ensure my understanding as a whole on the events category is good and therefore I will look into different adverts and then I will decide on what events I want to advertise for.

Before starting my analysis of event advertisements, I thought it would be a good idea to look into event companies and find out what the company does and how the advertisments help sales.

The company I am looking into is Luxury Wedding Planners. Even though this company is only for weddings, it would be helpful to be provided with an insight into event planning companies. 


  • The majority of the video are long, wide angle shots of different party events. 
  • The main colour scheme is black and white - simplistic, elegent and sophisticated
  • The font is sans serif - bold and eye catching

What does the company do?

"Orchid Events are party planning experts, creating outstanding, bespoke events from weddings to Bar Mitzvahs. Whatever celebration you're planning, we believe that your party planning experience should be as smooth and enjoyable as the event itself. From our first meeting to the final touches and beyond, we're here to make planning your event entirely stress-free. We're always just a phone call away, here to respond to your needs, answer your questions and to work with you to realise your vision. Read on to find out a bit more about how we work and what you can expect when planning your celebration with Orchid."

From this I can understand that this event company only plans parties. This is something I need to look into but I think I should ensure I am keeping my options open as there is still many events I could advertise for. 

Overall, it is really helpful looking at real events companies and seeing what the company is trying to promote. It has given me an insight into big party events. 


No comments:

Post a Comment