Monday 15 July 2013

Advert (4)

The fourth advert I am analysing is 'Wedding & Management Service' - an events company which provides a diverse amount of services. The advert focuses on Indian style weddings more than general weddings which prevent the company from having a wider audience. This  could affect the company as having a niche audience is more risky as there are less buyers.

sound: The non diagetic sound in this advert creates a soothing tone as it is very peaceful. The voice over of a man talking is significant as it helps the audience understand what the company does. The man uses words such as; 'essential', 'special moment', 'dreams', 'high quality' which engage the audience  into the advert. I think the sound on this advert has been successful in luring people into the company as I think it is very engaging. There is no live action on screen which makes it hard for the audience to visualise what the company does. However, there are several images, shot at a wide long shot, which display to the audience what the company can do. The high key lighting in each shot helps the audience view the images. However, I think the framing and camera shots of each image are not very successful as the advert only displays one type of angle, which makes it difficult for the audience to visualise what the setting and surroundings would be like. The editing is slow paced throughout the advert, linking into the dialogue and how the atmosphere is very calm, creating a tranquil mood.

I think this advert has been partly successful as I think it is engaging but I think due to no live action, it is hard to imagine the events in practice. This advert is very similar to advert (3) that I analysed as each set the same tone and use similar images which promote their events. I think in comparison to the two intial adverts I analysed, this advert is more engaging. Although, this advert has taught me that I do not want to target a niche audience as I think the broader the audience, the more successful.


No comments:

Post a Comment