Sunday 7 July 2013

Analysis of advert

To find out and understand the codes and conventions of events planning adverts I need to ensure I look at various event planning companies ads so that I have a broader understanding. Below, is an advert for an event company that does showcases, conventions and conferences; three types of events that are considered popular. The advert does not involve people nor actual image or videos of live events which makes the advert very simplistic, and easy to follow. However, I think it would be useful to display some events or action in the advert to show how successful the company is and to what kind of standard there events are. The advert is animated, the company have used small drawings to tell the audience what the company can do for them and how they can help. The use of the words in the advert; "We got you covered" provides the audience with some reassurance and how helpful the company is. The non diagetic sound is simply of a guitar playing, it creates a soothing tone in the video therefore creating a calm and tranquil mood in the video. The lack of diagetic sound is good as the audience can focus on the images rather than a voice. The editing is slow paced even though the images change rapidly. The effect of the slow paced editing is that it fits into the mood and atmosphere of the advert, reinforcing the simplicity and tranquility in the advert. I have noticed that the contact information is at the end of the advert and is shown twice. The significance of the contact information being shown more than once is that it is more noticeable to the audience. Therefore, the audience is more likely to be able to take the contact details down (if needed). The text at the end is in sans serif which reiterates the idea of the information being noticeable as sans serif is a bold font. 

I can tell that this advert's target audience is both genders, people who are over 25 and directed more into middle class people. This is because the advert showed no signs of being masculine or feminine  the company wants to plan events which are normally made by large organisations and therefore it is unlikely that anyone over 25 will be planning any type of conferences.

I think this advert was reasonably successful. It was engaging to view the animation and it was clear what the company can do for people. However, I think the advert would have been more successful if they used images from the events they have held and can hold. The one element of this advert which I would consider using is the simplistic sound. I think it helped achieve the audiences' attention.

 

Overall, I found it very useful looking into this advert. It has taught me how different an events planning advert is. I have been provided with a wider understanding on how to engage a viewers attention which will help me when coming to plan for my advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment