Tuesday 22 October 2013

Logo choices

Now I have decided my slogan and name, I am now moving onto the design on the logo. Creating a logo which is eye catching to the audience is important as the logo is what the audience usually remembers. In my logo I want to include a small image of an emerald as it links to the name 'emerald events'. I have decided to start creating the logo's in Photoshop as the tools that are offered will provide me with the opportunity to be as creative as possible. 

I am going to start by looking at fonts. My target audience is more on the edge of females as it is 56% female. Although, even though the audience is slightly towards the female side, because just under half are males I feel that I should create the logo to suit both genders. Therefore, I am going to look into both styled fonts; serif and sans serif. This is because sans serif is more of a feminine font, although, I feel that it might look good within the logo. I am also going to look a serif font as it is usually bold and eye catching.


This is my first logo design. I think the font is clear and attractive which will engage my target audience. The font style is: "Zapfino".




This logo is quite bold and eye catching, although, I feel the emerald looks as if it does not fit in with the text, and I feel that the text looks quite amateur.





This logo looks effective and I think it will appeal to my audience. It is sans serif, however, still looks bold and appealing. the font style is: Apple Chancery.



The reason the emerald is placed in different places in the logo is because in some of the text, the emerald cannot fit between the two words. 



Chosen logo and why?

I have decided to use the third logo. I chose this because I feel that the logo is the most interesting and engaging, but still clear. I liked the first logo but I think some of the audience may find it hard to read as the font style is swerved. I think this logo will appeal to all the genders and ages of the target audience as the font is slightly sans serif, but arguably looks bold and is styled a bit serif apart from the flicks. 


I am now going to create the logo again, but use the measuring tool on Photoshop to ensure the text and image is at an accurate measure as it needs to be professional. I feel that after this process, I now can start storyboarding properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment