Wednesday 23 October 2013

Outline of TV adverts storyboard

In not much detail, I have outlined a short bullet pointed list of vital aspects that need to be included into my storyboard for my TV adverts. I will need to go into much greater detail when I start story boarding.

TV advert one
  • The advert begins with a mid shot of the protagonist, with the logo in the corner. The protagonist will introduce the company with a short explanation of what it is and how it can help.
  • The protagonist will then walk through a door into a prom 'party' with boys and girls in there prom dresses and suits. The protagonist will interact with the people, combing slice of life and presentation styled adverts.
  • The first event the protagonist will introduce is a birthday party - there will be various decorations to make it seem authentic.
  • The protagonist will then walk through the door and talk about how we can do seasonal events such as Christmas parties
  • The last event that will be shown will be prom - the protagonist will interact more in the last one by taking a photo of the people who are going to prom and being friendly e.g. "smile everyone"
  • The protagonist will then walk out and end the advert saying something along the lines of ... "If you're interested then email us or dial..."
Camera:
The protagonist will be mainly shot at mid shot whilst the events shot at long shots to show the decorations
There will be a lot of close ups and mid shots of people in the events to show happy facial expressions and body language

Mise-en-scene
For the Christmas party there will be props such as a tree, warm lit room and tinsel - this scene will be shot in more of a dim light, with lamps and a fire to signify that it is winter but how it also looks 'toasty'.
The prom I want more to look as though it is a summer event, therefore I will have natural light in the scene. I want the props to look elegant such as champagne glasses and appealing food.
I want the birthday birthday one to look genuine by having cake and various decor.

Editing
For the parties I want the editing to be quite fast paced to show a lot of laughter and happiness.
The prom I want more to slow, to reinforce the sophistication.

Sound 
All events will have sound of laughter, and talking in the background.
The protagonist will have a voice over, and anything she says or does will be prominent. 

I am also thinking of doing a christening. When I start story boarding I will take into consideration the timing and see if I can fit a christening event into it.

TV advert two
  • The advert will begin with the protagonist again, so the two adverts will have similarity to ensure the audience can notice it is the same service's advert
  • The protagonist will introduce the company then say "here's what our customers think.."
  • The customers will be against a different background, in their own environment  very plain and simplistic so the audience focuses on what they are saying.
  • I want the ages to vary from teen, to middle aged to old -
  • First speaker "when I first contacted emerald events, I was unsure whether to leave all the arrangements to them.. second speaker "but after I gave them the idea of what I wanted and how I wanted it, they delivered a perfect event for me. third speaker "not only did emerald events deliver an outstanding event, but they go the extra mile by making sure everything is organised efficiently to prevent stress for the customer.. fourth speaker: "I would definitely go to emerald events again, I couldn't think of a better, more reliable and advanced team of people to plan an event up to a high standard" - all shots will be shot at mid shot
  • There will then be a mid shot of the protagonist saying "for more information email.. or call... etc"
Camera: 
Lots of mid shots used when the people are talking so that the audience can view their happy body language and facial expressions

Editing: 
Mid pace of editing, there will be cuts into different people talking to the camera

Sound
diagetic sound of people on the screen talking - no voice over unlike first advert
non diagetic sound of soothing but slightly joyful background music

Mise-en-scene
People to be in smart, casual wear - audience is varied
Natural lighting throughout
People will be shot in their own environment 

No comments:

Post a Comment