Thursday 24 October 2013

Outline of sponsorship sequence

For my sponsorship sequence I am focusing on prom. This is because this event was one of the most popular events that was said on my survey.

  • The first part of the sequence is going to begin with a wide shot with boys and girls in a kitchen - having drinks before prom
  • Everyone will be wearing either a dress or a suit to create authenticity
  • My protagonist (main speaker) will then pretend to take a photo with the group of people - interacting with the people by saying "smile for the picture!"
  • The advert will then end on 'emerald events - making a dream a reality'
  • The second half of the advert will be long/wide shots of people getting ready to leave
  • The advert will then end on 'emerald events - making a dream a reality'
Camera:
mostly long/wide shots to show a lot of people having fun - I think this would be effective because when I was analysing Pro Cruises I found that wide shots were used throughout, allowing the audience to view the scenery as well as the characters body gestures and facial expressions

Mise-en-scene
Lighting - natural light as prom is a summer event
Costume to be smart - boys in suits and girls in dresses

Sound
A lot of diagetic sound of people talking/laughing
Voice over of protagonist - this was a recurring feature I noticed in my analysis of advertising which I felt was successful. The voice over allowed the audience to view the narrative as well as listen to a speaker. 
(Maybe music)

Editing 
Fast paced editing - I have decided to make my editing fast paced because when analysing sponsorship sequences, I found that the majority of the adverts were shot after shot. I think conforming to this expectation is important because I need to ensure I create the advert in the correct length of time. 

When creating my storyboard I will obviously go into greater detail of the camera, MIS, sound and editing to ensure when I start filming that I have an insight into what my sponsorship sequence will look like visually.

No comments:

Post a Comment