Monday 4 November 2013

TV advert storyboard one: choices

Choices for TV advert one and why:

Selling more of a lifestyle - using good looking locations and props. Also, I am selling happiness and the idea that dreams can come true. Will be presented through actors (facial expressions), sound of actors.

Presentation and slice of life combined - the actor will look at audience, talk directly at them but will also be showing real life action. I have been inspired by the Rimmel London (Kate Moss) advert where Kate goes between presentation to slice of life - allowing the audience to engage in her dialogue as well as the action. 

Protagonist:

I have chosen my protagonist to be female. This is because my target audience is 56% female. I am aware that it is only a slight difference between male and female therefore by using the main actor as female I am ensuring that the majority of my target audience are appealed to. 

People in my advert:

I am going to have a mix of people - females and males. This is because my target audience is a mix, and males are nearly as significant.

Ages of people in advert: 

Young adults because this advert is mainly based on events such as prom and parties and young adults go to more events like this as it is seen as their 'prime time'.

Dress code:

I want my protagonist to wear a smart jacket and trousers. This is because I want the audience to think the actor is sophisticated which is significant because my actor is representing the company and will reinforce how the team are professional. 

The dress code of the people in my advert will vary so that each scene will look real. For the prom scene, girls will be wearing dresses and boys in suits. For the birthday/Christmas parties people will be wearing smart casual wear. I am not going to dress my actors in lounge wear because my target audience is middle class.

Events I am advertising

  • Birthday and Christmas party
  • Prom
(These two were the most popular answers on my survey).



No comments:

Post a Comment