Wednesday 22 January 2014

Editing my sponsorship sequence

I am currently editing my sponsorship sequence. I have decided that I am going to use all the footage from filming for my sponsorship sequence. This is because I have a large amount of footage which I wont need to use as I filmed more than I needed to. This will save me from filming my second sponsorship sequence which means I can go straight onto filming my main adverts. Currently, I feel that I am finding it difficult to edit my sponsorship sequence as my idea has slightly changed. I am trying to find camera shots that work and link, however, it is proving difficult. In both my sponsorship sequence I want to display happiness and uniting, which I feel that I do. I want the editing of my sequence to be slow to allow the audience into watching the joy within the scene. I have inserted all of my files onto Premiere Pro where I have started mixing up and the clips and attempting to make a sequence. At the moment, I have found some clips which are really effective - one of them being the bride and groom cutting the cake then a kiss. I think this is one of my effective shots because they are centralized and their is no distractions. Behind them are two males and to the side two females. They are not in the shot completely, however, I wanted to highlight the bride and groom rather than focus on the background. The next shot I thought was effective was the pan I used. I panned the camera around the room of the party which displayed people having their own conversations and having fun. I then do a pan of a man walking to give the bride and groom a present, then I want to use a fade of the man and groom having " a laugh ". I like these shots because it displays people looking happy and having fun at the event. I want my sponsorship sequence to be very simplistic this is why I have decided not to shoot more of the sponsorship sequence as I have lots of footage I can work with. I need to ensure whilst editing that I remember how simplistic a sponsorship sequence has to be because at the moment, my two clips seem very simple, however, they are supposed to be short but also grab people's attention which is something I would like to achieve with the sound, dialogue and body gestures of my actions. Overall, I feel that I am working towards the deadlines which are set and will be able to complete my sponsorship sequence by the deadline set. I am then planning to create my two adverts (next weekend) at the same time as they have to be filmed together. I will then hopefully spend a week / two weeks editing and ensuring all adverts look up to my standard. This will also provide me with enough time to re-shoot or to make changes to my sequence if I feel the footage I have is not good enough or needs changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment