Monday 13 January 2014

Evaluation of filming

Today was the first time I have filmed (with a camera and tripod) on my own. I wanted to film my sponsorship sequence first as I thought that it would take less time than my main adverts therefore I could get some practise before filming my other adverts. I felt confident in using the camera as I have had previous experience. However, I had to handle a group of twelve people which I found very difficult as last year I only used one protagonist and controlled the filming with two other people. I am satisfied with the outcome of my filming as throughout the process their were times were I struggled, however, I sorted out the problem and could overcome it. I found it really difficult to set up the props as I had so many (balloons, costume, presents, cake etc) which for one person to set up, proved very challenging. Another problem I had was a tilt. This was a problem because I struggled to get the camera steady which meant when I tilted it, it would jog. To overcome this I had to practise for about three times until I got the shot perfectly. The problem which I am now facing is that I have to re-story board the second half of my sponsorship sequence as I was unable to film today and I cannot re-make the props and actors look how they were. I am going to have to do a small brainstorm of new venues which I can film at, and different ideas. I need to be fast in my decision making so that I can film and make the sequence as soon as possible, ready to start filming my TV adverts. I am very happy with the help my actors gave me as they all did as I said and were easy to work with. Overall, the experience I had with filming was difficult, however, now when I come to my TV advert filming I know what to do to prevent problems. Such as, practise shots on my own before so I do not have to waste time doing it there with the actors. Also, set up props before actors arrive so that filming can start as soon as possible.

In action and getting ready:


No comments:

Post a Comment