Thursday 9 January 2014

Revision on Camera and Mise-en-scene

As I am starting my first filming session on Monday, I want to ensure I am still familiar with the camera. This is because the last time I filmed was for AS - nearly a year ago which means I may have forgotten some angles. Even though I already have an animatic of the camera angles which I am going to follow, if I feel that when coming to shooting they do not work I can still use different types of camera angles because I know a variety.

I am going to analyse a wedding scene as my sponsorship presents shots from an after party wedding. I thought this would be helpful as I need to ensure the props fit into the wedding style. I also can view the body gestures of the actors which I may need to tell my actors as it would be helpful and make the scene (advert) more believable.

This scene is from "The Vow" and fits into the genre of 'Romance'. I have purposely chosen this film because I know the romantic side of it is passionate and intense - something which I would like to portray within my actors body gestures and facial expressions, making my advert more real and having a high level of verisimilitude.




(0:00-1:29)

The beginning of the scene starts with an over the shoulder shot of the bride and groom - showing equality within their relationship. The mise-en-scene such as the costume and make up add to the verisimilitude within the scene as the bridge has her hair done nicely and her make up is glowing which is the kind of style for a wedding. The groom, opposite her is wearing a suit with his hair combed back - looking smart. Their peers are positioned around them, looking in happily to show their care for the couple. The close up of the bride and grooms facial expression conveys their happiness which is a feature I would like to present. The mid shot allows the couple to be the centre of attention, whilst friends and family are stood behind. Also, the mid shot shows the joyful body gestures of the couple, without displaying their whole body. There is also a mid to close up of the bride and groom laughing, conveying they take a deep interest in each other. This is another feature I want to display as I want to show people having fun. The friends and family are all wearing smart outfits which is important because it also helps make the scene look professional. The diagetic sound of the actors laughing creates a joyful, exciting mood within the scene which is another element I would like to create.

Features I want to take:

  • Costume 
  • Make up
  • Bride and Groom centralised
  • Close up of bride and grooms face (laughing and smiling)
  • Diagetic sound of everything having fun and laughing

No comments:

Post a Comment