Monday 24 February 2014

Reflection of coursework

What have I been successful with so far?

I feel that my radio advert is complete and I am happy with the final outcome and I would say, so far, due to filming issues it is my main success. The reason my radio advert was successful is because the recording went well, despite the re recording. I refreshed my skills in using the voice recorder which is important as I will need to use it throughout my adverts. I also think the voice in my radio advert was successful as my speaker was clear and when I edited the two pieces together, it fit well. 

Additionally, I also feel that my sponsorship sequence has been successful. This is because of the mise-en-scene. I used real wedding props to ensure my venue looked authentic and real to the audience which means my advert will have a high level of verisimilitude. Also, as I am now very familiarly with Premiere, I feel that I actually edited my sponsorship sequence reasonably fast. I still have some editing to do, as at the moment I am prioritising my two main adverts.

Furthermore, the shooting of my two main adverts have been partly successful. Despite the sound in advert one, the feedback I gained was the structure of my advert was successful and the shots were effective. I feel that the camera angles combined with the mise-en-scene in my adverts engage the audience as the scenery is authentic, (likewise to my sponsorship), and I use varied camera angles to ensure the viewer is always engaged. 

I feel that my editing has been successful throughout the process so far. I am finding myself editing my footage reasonably quickly, which proves how much I have learnt since AS. Even though I still need to edit my sponsorship, and my two main adverts, I feel that putting the footage together does not take long as I am familiar with all the tools I need, and therefore it can be done as soon as I have all my footage.

Challenges I have faced?

I have faced many challenges so far throughout the process of filming and editing. The challenge I faced with my radio advert was that some of the words, did not fit together and I had to change the script slightly. Even though this prevented me from moving onto filming my sponsorship, I still feel that I overcome this challenge reasonably quickly as I recorded, edited the new script within two days. Another challenge I faced was re shooting my sponsorship. This is because I was unable to have the exact same decorations, preventing my mise-en-scene from looking as effective, although I overcome this challenge by changing my storyboard slightly so that I could change the decorations.

A challenge that I am currently facing is with my first main advert. This is because as I previously stated, my audio was not up to a high standard, meaning I have to re shoot. However, I am going to have to use a piece of technology which I have never used before - a 'boom mic', which I will need to learn before Thursday morning, giving me two days to be able to learn how to use it alone. This is a challenge which I am hoping to overcome fast so that I can re shoot fast, and get the editing done as quick as possible.

What is complete?


  • Radio advert - I feel that my radio advert is complete and no longer needs editing.

What is not complete?

  • Sponsorship - I have all the footage, and I do not need to re shoot. All I have to do is editing.
  • TV advert one - Reshooting Thursday, in hope I can edit ASAP and could be finished by next week.
  • TV advert two - I have finished half of the advert, but need to reshoot some parts. I have not had any feedback which means I may have to reshoot the whole ad.


No comments:

Post a Comment