Saturday 7 September 2013

Analysis of sponsorship advert - Isme


To ensure I will be aware of the codes and conventions of sponsorship adverts I need to analyse many so that I can become familiar with them. I am going to analyse my second advert which is a brand called ‘Isme’ – a shoe shop which sponsors Channel5.

The non diagetic sound immeditaly comes in which is an upbeat and joyful tone, consequently creating a optimistic mood in the advert. The female speaker speaks very eloquently and clearly, helping the audience understand what she is saying. The editing is fast paced as the shoes on the advert constantly change. The significance of the shoes frequently changing display the variety of shoes the shop have. Therefore, the audience can get a feel of the amount of shoes they have to offer in the 11 seconds the advert is in. The background of the advert is out of focus, however, it is still visable what the background is. The background is of a garden, which looks very sunny and inviting. The significance of this scenery is that it creates a bright and optimistic scene for the advert which will result in the audience being engaged into the advert. The text which states the delivery cost is positioned to the bottom of the screen but is centralised which makes it noticeable but not the center of attention. The text is white, contrasting against the background which makes more visable to the audience. Also, the text is sans serif which helps it also be noticable and visable. 

Therefore, I think this sponsorship advert is successful. Even though I am not planning to advertise a product, the advert has still influenced me and now I am grasping what the codes and conventions of sponsorship adverts are.


No comments:

Post a Comment