Sunday 1 September 2013

TV/RADIO

I have been researching into radio and tv advertising to ensure I am fully aware of the conventions of both types of advertising. It is important that I have a wide understanding on tv and radio as when coming to plan my advert, I need to have a rough idea on: what I am allowed to say (or) show and who my target audience is and how I will attract them. I have looked at various adverts which I think have helped me understand the whole concept of tv advertising, I think I am now grasping the idea of what to do for a TV advert.

TV and Radio adverts need to be:
- memorable
- entertaining
- humorous (not a need but links into how the advert could be memorable)
- 30-40 seconds long
- engaging

As I am doing an advert on an events planning service, I need my advert to come across professional. I need to look into event planning companies again, to look at the design so that I can find out what it is that makes the advert look sophisticated. I am aware that not all event planning services have a professional / sophisticated look, and I want to see which one I would prefer.


I have already analysed this advert, however, I want to recap on why I thought this advert was sophisticated. Despite having no live action nor any voices, the simplicity of the advert is the main reason why I think this advert looks professional. The sans serif font which is bold, combined with the color scheme: gold and black creates a sophisticated look, luring the target audience in and as the advert looks posh, it is sub consciously reassuring for the audience as the customers feel as if they are dealing with  a professional company. 

I also want my my radio advert to be professional. The ones I have analysed have been successful as the speakers are well spoken and very understandable. This is something I would like to achieve. Therefore, I feel that I should always still be looking at adverts as I could be influenced and I can gain new idea's but I think I have learned a lot by looking at various adverts and I am now more aware of the conventions of tv/radio adverts.


No comments:

Post a Comment