Monday 30 September 2013

Planning


Planning - Further idea's

This was the brainstorm I made at the beginning of my research. I already had an idea of what I was going to do and that is why within my research I looked at various event planning companies as I wanted to find out more about the area of advertising. From analysing a large amount of adverts, to actually viewing what my audience had to say, I have come to a decision that I will not be advertising art and cultural events. On my survey, festival was the least popular answer which made me realise that my target audience has not ever experienced a festival nor would like to. As the most popular answer was wedding and birthday party's (on my survey results) it makes sense that these two events should be advertised. Therefore, I now need to look into how stereotypical wedding's and parties are presented. I need to ensure I understand what props, location need  to be arranged so that the 'events' in my advert have a high level of verisimilitude, making sure the audience is engaged into the advert. Receiving opinions from my audience will help me in my planning as I can now cut out idea's that would not be enjoyed, and develop idea's which would appeal to my audience.

Moreover, now that I know what my advert is going to be about, I need to start brainstorming what I am actually going to do for my advert e.g. presentation advert etc. Through my advertising research, I have noticed that adverts which are about a service are usually presentation adverts  who will have a representative of the company, or an actor representing what the service can provide for the audience. This interests me as I am advertising a service, which I want to look professional and I think a presentation advert would look sophisticated and professional. However, I also don't want to be cliche, I want to ensure my audience are engaged into my advert and therefore I need to be unique. I think combining a presentation advert with a 'slice of life' advert would be a good idea as I can show events happening, demonstrating to the audience what at the service is capable of.  Thus, I want to reflect back onto my research on 'slice of life' adverts and 'presentation adverts to see if any of the adverts influence in my decision - whether I will use this style of advert or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment