Sunday 8 September 2013

Sponsorship advert analysis - Destinations


The next advert I am going to analyse is Destinations, a holiday company. I have chosen to analyse this advert because it is a service rather than a product. I think it is important I look more into adverts which are made by services as that it what I am doing.

The advert starts out of focus, however, it is still evident what the scenery is - a holiday location. The significance of using a genuine holiday location helps makes the advert look and seem more authentic. Moreover, the lady turns around, slowly so that the audience can focus on her joyful body language. The mise-en-scene such as the women's props - (sunglasses, hat, holiday wear) reinforce the realism in the advert. The lady is centralised so she is the main focus of the advert which is significant as she is selling a lifestyle rather than a holiday, constantly smiling and looking content. The non diagetic sound of the soothing music is played throughout the advert, consequently creating a calm atmosphere in the advert. The shot reverse shot of the man taking a photo of the women conveys how happy they both are in the environment they are in. Furthermore, the shot changes to a wide shot of a large attraction with 'beautiful' looking scenery. The text is centralised and positioned to the bottom of the screen so that the audience can notice what the text is stating but it is not the center of attention. The writing is also in sans serif and white, similar to the opposing adverts I have previously analysed. 

Overall, I think this advert was successful and will appeal to their target audience. It is evident that sponsorship advert are very short so it is important that when I make mine I grab my audiences attention straight away.

No comments:

Post a Comment